Tuesday, December 27, 2005

update

Last day in Michigan. Luckily I brought the warmer weather with me and it's been in the 30's. Yeah, I lived here most of my life but the past five years in Washington have eroded my immunity to cold (i.e. below 10 degrees) temperatures.

Lots of cookies were eaten, gifts were given. Got to play with my two-year-old nephew, who is into very repetitive games. I got a book on Chuck Close and a trip to the Rodin/Claudel exhibit for Christmas, and a replica of a Rodin hand. The exhibit was great, I'll write about it when I get back to the East Coast.

Tomorrow will bring the joy of air travel. I'm not exactly tall and I feel squished, I can't imagine what it's like for anyone 6 feet or more.

Back to work on Thursday.

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger James W. Bailey said...

Dear Amy,

Speaking as someone who is 6' 1 1/2", I can confidently report that flying (on board any airplane, even in the so-called "first class" section) truly sucks. My solution to the problem - I always sign up for the emergency row aisle seats. You have to promise to help save your fellow passengers in case of an emergency, but the extra leg room is worth that white lie!

James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home